Workblog for the week: I May find a pun for this.
So. We near the end of the first part of our journey. Dragons slain, kings overthrown, worlds flung unto the apocalypse.
About six months ago I set my first significant scheduled goal on the Calendar, which was an uninterrupted block of time working on The Brocade Goat through to May 31st 2012. Now, it hasn’t all been roses, and the experience has taught me that perhaps I should go with slightly smaller blocks of time, (Two months, three months?) but on the whole?
On the whole I’ve made more progress on the project than I have with any other similar project I’ve turned my hand to. Yes, I had to trash a large chunk of it because I started the narrative in a problematic spot, and no, I haven’t worked on it with quite the dedication I started out hoping to, but I have my teeth into the start of the thing, and this is new territory for me.
It’s sometimes easy for me to forget how little experience I have with longer works, but, you know. That just means I need to gain that experience.
Other news of the week includes another completed short story, some material I’ve sent around to slush piles is currently lined up for the obligatory rejection slips, and I May just find some month-related puns to title my workblog posts with this month…